Simera Sense is fast becoming a leading mid to high-resolution earth observation camera supplier for CubeSats and small satellites. Our optical payload products aim to offer complete space imaging solutions for small satellites with plans to expand. We are a fast-growing, dynamic team of enthusiastic engineers that supplies space and satellite companies from around the globe. We are looking forward to receiving your CV.
The applicant will be responsible for designing, testing, and integrating digital and electro-optical electronic systems for the aerospace sector.
- Development of high-reliability mixed-signal Electronics Assemblies for use on spacecraft, from concept to qualification.
- Development of ground test and development equipment.
- Participate in design reviews
- Assist with assembly, integration, and test campaigns
- 5+ years’ experience in the design of high-speed FPGA electronics systems
- 5+ years’ experience in high-speed, high-density PCB routing in 8+ layers.
- 5+ years’ experience in using Altium Designer or Pads Professional.
- Good understanding of high-speed digital, low-noise analogue, and high-reliability design practices; in terms of schematics, PCB layout, and test and measurement.
- Solid technical report writing skills using MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Experience with specifically Microsemi/Microchip FPGAs.
- Experience in environmental testing and acceptance testing to high-quality standards.
- Understanding radiation effects on electronics.
- Experience in electro-optical design
- Experience with Python (or similar scripting languages).
- Experience with version control systems like SVN or Git.
- Experience in standard coding compliance.
- Experience in Siemens Teamcenter or any other formal configuration or product lifecycle management tool.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Masters in Electronic Engineering.
Job Relevant Personal Attributes
- Interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact with interdisciplinary team members.
- Strong analytical and lateral thinking skills will be required.
- Self-driven, self-motivated person, willing to take on long-term responsibility
- Ability to take ownership and complete well-rounded and documented work.
- Attention to detail.
What we offer
- The opportunity to work in the fast-growing space industry
- Niche global market for optical payloads for microsatellites
- Cutting edge technology at your fingertips
- A competitive salary
- A friendly working environment with free coffee and regular company braai’s.
Somerset West, Cape Town, South Africa