Simera Sense is fast becoming a leading mid to high-resolution earth observation camera supplier for CubeSats and small satellites. Our optical payload products aim to offer complete space imaging solutions for small satellites with plans to expand. We are a fast-growing, dynamic team of enthusiastic engineers that supplies space and satellite companies from around the globe. We are looking forward to receiving your CV.
We seek a Senior Electronic Engineer to join the Firmware Development Team to further develop and enhance our electronic systems – specifically firmware and software for a System-on-Chip FPGA.
The applicant will be responsible for designing, testing, and integrating digital and electro-optical electronics for the aerospace sector.
This entails the following:
- Design, implementation, and testing of VHDL firmware modules.
- Design, implementation, and testing of C software modules.
- Development of digital and electro-optical systems.
- Assist in product testing campaigns.
- 8+ years (s) experience developing digital electronics, including embedded firmware.
- Strong experience in high-speed FPGA firmware design using VHDL.
- Experience with Microsemi FPGAs will be an advantage.
- Experience in writing C code in an embedded environment.
- Experience with Python (or similar scripting languages) will be advantageous.
- Experience in multi-layer PCB design will be an advantage.
- Experience in the high-tech, military or aerospace sectors will be advantageous.
- Understanding of high-speed and high-reliability design practices.
- Experience in environmental testing and acceptance testing to high-quality standards will be an advantage
- Experience in CCD and CMOS electro-optical design will be an advantage.
- Understanding radiation effects on electronics will be an advantage
- Experience in standard coding compliance, including revision control, will be advantageous.
- Experience in Siemens Teamcenter will be an advantage.
- Experience in MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) is required.
Bachelor’s Degree in Electronic Engineering, Master’s Degree in Electronic Engineering.
Job Relevant Personal Attributes
- Interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact with interdisciplinary team members.
- Strong analytical thinking skills such as innovation and lateral thinking skills will be required.
- Self-driven, self-motivated person, willing to take on long-term responsibility.
- Ability to complete a well-rounded and documented product.
- Attention to detail.
What we offer
- The opportunity to work in the fast-growing space industry
- Niche global market for optical payloads for microsatellites
- Cutting edge technology at your fingertips
- A competitive salary
- A friendly working environment with free coffee and regular company braai’s.
Somerset West, Cape Town, South Africa