Simera Sense is fast becoming a leading mid to high-resolution earth observation camera supplier for CubeSats and small satellites. Our optical payload products aim to offer complete space imaging solutions for small satellites with plans to expand. We are a fast-growing, dynamic team of enthusiastic engineers that supplies space and satellite companies from around the globe. We are based in Somerset West, Western Cape, close to all amenities and diverse natural beauty, providing great lifestyle options.
The Scrum Master will lead the development teams to understand and implement Scrum theory and practice.
Key Performance Areas and Responsibilities
- Provides necessary focus to the teams to ensure on-time delivery of the agreed deliverables.
- Encourages full participation of team members within their defined roles and responsibilities.
- Ensures that the Agile implementation is appropriately focused and controlled.
- Manages risks and issues in the sprint, escalating to the Project Manager(s) as required.
- Monitors progress on a day-to-day basis for all team activities.
- Reports progress to the Project Manager(s).
- Facilitates all the Scrum events (i.e., planning, review, retrospectives and daily stand-up).
- Ensures that the daily stand-up meetings are timely, focused and brief.
- Trains the development teams and broader organisation about Scrum.
- Degree in Mechanical, Electronic or Industrial Engineering or more than 5 years of relevant experience.
- Any of the following Certification(s) that is current: CSM, PMI Agile Scrum, SAFe Scrum Master, ITIL.
- 2+ years’ experience as a Scrum Master.
- 3+ years’ experience as part of an Agile team with exposure to Agile project management methodologies such as Scrum or Kanban.
- Experience working in an environment with current and cutting-edge technologies.
The following will be advantageous:
- Prior work experience at a low-volume manufacturing firm in the aerospace industry.
- Project-based electronic or mechanical hardware and/or software development experience.
- Experience with traditional project management methodologies.
- Experience with electronic and mechanical hardware and/or software development lifecycles.
- Good knowledge of one or more Agile project management methodologies (e.g. Scrum, Kanban).
- Good facilitating and coaching skills.
- Ability to establish a repeatable, structured and disciplined approach to the Agile process, among others, through sprint metrics.
- Adaptability to work in a fast-paced environment where priorities often change.
- Excellent communication skills at all levels, internally and externally.
- Skilled at perceiving and ameliorating conflict and tension.
- Servant leadership style.
- Good interpersonal, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
Job Category: Operations
Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: Somerset West (South Africa)