Simera Sense is fast becoming a leading mid to high-resolution earth observation camera supplier for CubeSats and small satellites. Our optical payload products aim to offer complete space imaging solutions for small satellites with plans to expand. We are a fast-growing, dynamic team of enthusiastic engineers that supplies space and satellite companies from around the globe. We are based in Somerset West, Western Cape close to all amenities and areas of diverse natural beauty providing for great lifestyle options. We are looking forward to receiving your CV.
Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: Somerset West, Western Cape, South Africa
Job Description: The Quality Manager will lead, direct and control the planning, implementation and optimisation of the quality function at Simera Sense in order to meet the organisation’s quality objectives.
Key Performance Areas and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the quality inspection function. Plan, develop, and lead the team in delivering products with the correct quality.
- Define, implement, maintain and improve a QMS that meets the requirements of the industry standards.
- Support and lead internal/external audits to ensure and verify compliance to applicable requirements, including AS9100 and customer specific requirements.
- Lead Quality Assurance continuous improvement efforts in production and engineering.
- Establish and implement a process to determine root cause and corrective action for quality system failures, including non-conformities.
- Ensure effective monitoring processes are defined and implemented for vendors, suppliers and subcontractors.
- Maintain and upgrade the calibration system for all tools, equipment, etc.
- Participate in formal design, procurement, manufacturing, testing and delivery reviews to ensure inclusion and approval of quality requirements and standards.
- Bachelor’s Degree or 10+ years in quality, engineering, and or manufacturing role is required.
- Quality Manager (CQM) or Certified Quality Engineer (CQE) is desirable.
- 3+ years of experience in the management of manufacturing and quality organizations or a similar role is required.
- 5+ years of experience working with ISO 9000 and AS9100 is required.
- 1+ years of experience of deploying QMS across an organization is highly recommended.
- Prior work experience in the aerospace industry is highly desirable.
- Good practical understanding of the relevant industry quality standards.
- Good knowledge of manufacturing and engineering processes and procedures.
- Excellent communication skills at all levels internally and externally.
- Good interpersonal, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good organisational skills and leadership skills.
What we offer
- The opportunity to work in the fast-growing space industry
- Niche global market for optical payloads for microsatellites
- Cutting-edge technology at your fingertips
- A competitive salary
- A friendly working environment with free coffee and regular company braai’s.