Simera Sense is fast becoming a leading mid to high-resolution earth observation camera supplier for CubeSats and small satellites. Our optical payload products aim to offer complete space imaging solutions for small satellites with plans to expand. We are a fast-growing, dynamic team of enthusiastic engineers that supplies space and satellite companies from around the globe. We are based in Somerset West, Western Cape, close to all amenities and areas of diverse natural beauty, providing great lifestyle options.
The candidate will be required to assist the Production Manager with administration tasks relating to production planning, scheduling, and execution. This includes but is not limited to administration required during client onboarding, readiness review meeting planning and scheduling, implementing changes/improvements to production documentation, systems, and processes, and assisting in general Wrike maintenance.
Key Performance Areas and Responsibilities
- Generating, maintaining & updating production-related folder structures and documents.
- Assist in compiling and translating large amounts of data into an easily digestible format.
- Assist in streamlining systems and processes for better efficiency.
- Prepare for, arrange, and attend internal production-related readiness reviews.
- Capture accurate meeting action points and translate them into assigned Wrike tasks.
- Assist in implementing changes/improvements to existing production-related documentation, systems, and processes.
- Fulfil duties of a Wrike Administrator and carry out general support & maintenance.
- Collect and deliver goods when needed from suppliers and service providers.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Must be very experienced in working with Microsoft Office 365 (Word, Excel, Outlook, SharePoint etc.), especially Excel.
- Must be fluent in English (understanding/speaking Afrikaans will be beneficial)
- Good interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Must be pre-emptive and execute responsibilities without supervision.
- Must be self-driven and a quick study.
- Must be able to work well under pressure.
- Must be willing to put in extra hours when a situation calls for it.
- Must have own transport.
- Wrike (Project Management Software) or similar.
- Siemens Teamcenter (PLM Software)
- PowerBI (Data Visualization Software)
- Prior work experience in the aerospace industry is highly desirable.
What we offer
- The opportunity to work in the fast-growing space industry.
- Niche global market for optical payloads for microsatellites.
- A competitive salary.
- A friendly working environment.