Simera Sense is fast becoming a leading mid to high-resolution earth observation camera supplier for CubeSats and small satellites. Our optical payload products aim to offer complete space imaging solutions for small satellites with plans to expand. We are a fast-growing, dynamic team of enthusiastic engineers that supplies space and satellite companies from around the globe. We are based in Somerset West, Western Cape, close to all amenities and diverse natural beauty, providing great lifestyle options.
We seek an Electronic Engineer to join the Hardware Development Team to develop further and enhance our electronic systems, specifically schematic capture and PCB layout for high-density, high-speed digital and electro-optical systems.
Key Performance Areas and Responsibilities
The applicant will be responsible for designing, testing, and integrating digital and electro-optical electronic systems for the aerospace sector. This entails:
- Development and testing of high-reliability electronics assemblies.
- Development of test equipment.
B Eng. (Electronic), MSc Eng. (Electronic).
- 2+ years experience in the design of high-speed FPGA electronics.
- 2+ years experience in high-speed digital electronics PCB routing with ≥ 6 layers.
- Understanding high-speed digital, low-noise analogue, and high-reliability design practices.
- Experience in technical report writing using MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Experience with FPGAs, preferably Microsemi/Microchip
- Experience in environmental testing and acceptance testing to high-quality standards.
- An understanding of radiation effects on electronics.
- Experience with Python (or similar scripting languages).
- Experience in standard coding compliance, including version control.
- Experience in Siemens Teamcenter or any other formal configuration management tool.
- Interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact with interdisciplinary team members.
- Strong analytical thinking skills as innovation and lateral thinking skills, will be required.
- Self-driven, self-motivated person, willing to take on long-term responsibility.
- Ability to complete well-rounded and documented work.
- Attention to detail.
What we offer:
- The opportunity to work in the fast-growing space industry
- Niche global market for optical payloads for microsatellites
- Cutting-edge technology at your fingertips
- A competitive salary
- A friendly working environment with free coffee and regular company braai’s.