Simera Sense is fast becoming a leading mid to high-resolution earth observation camera supplier for CubeSats and small satellites. Our optical payload products aim to offer complete space imaging solutions for small satellites with plans to expand. We are a fast-growing, dynamic team of enthusiastic engineers that supplies space and satellite companies from around the globe. We are looking forward to receiving your CV.
We have an exciting opportunity for a junior AIT Mechanical engineer to join our dynamic team. The candidate will assist with manufacturing, assembly, and testing electro-optical imaging systems in spaceborne applications such as CubeSats.
- Manufacture of AIT hardware and MGSE
- Optomechanical assembly and integration
- Keep detailed records of all assembly and integration
- Maintain AIT equipment
- Generate engineering documentation as required
- Interest in optomechanical systems integration and testing
- Experience with Siemens NX will be beneficial
- Ability to work in a team
- Dedication to finishing a project within time and budget
- High attention to detail
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
What we offer
- The opportunity to work in the fast-growing space industry
- Niche global market for optical payloads for microsatellites
- Cutting edge technology at your fingertips
- A competitive salary
- A friendly working environment with free coffee and regular company braai’s.
Somerset West, Cape Town, South Africa