Simera Sense is fast becoming a leading mid to high-resolution earth observation camera supplier for CubeSats and small satellites. Our optical payload products aim to offer complete space imaging solutions for small satellites with plans to expand. We are a fast-growing, dynamic team of enthusiastic engineers that supplies space and satellite companies from around the globe. We are based in Somerset West, Western Cape, close to all amenities and diverse natural beauty, providing great lifestyle options.
The successful candidate will assist with integrating and testing electro-optical imaging components and subsystems. The ideal candidate should have some hands-on experience with electronics testing and integration and should have an aptitude for problem-solving and attention to detail.
Key Performance Areas and Responsibilities
- Performing the assembly, integration and testing of designed electro-optical systems.
- Improvement and implementation of production automation processes.
- Execution of functional and environmental acceptance test campaign of electro-optical systems.
- Data dissemination, analysis and reporting of acceptance test results.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechatronic Engineering, Electronic Engineering or related as a minimum requirement.
- Experience in programming, over and above undergraduate assignments, is advantageous.
- Experience in working with mechanical and electronic assemblies is advantageous.
- Proficient in generating technical reports and documentation.
- Very high attention to detail with the ability to execute tasks accurately and in a timely fashion.
- The ability to work independently, as well as within a multi-disciplined team.
- Good communication skills.
- Experience working with electronics.
- Experience with Python programming language.
- Experience with electronic assembly, integration, and testing.